Pinterest Twitter Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

January 5, 2014

2014 New Year Day Five: Organizational Goals


I am an interesting person when it comes to organization. I am organized... but I not organized. I guess it just depends on what I'm organizing. When you look at my computer and all my folders of tons of files, I am the most organized person you'll meet. Everything is in its place and labeled perfectly. However, if you look in my closet or dresser... I am a hot mess. I do have some goals in this area this year, even if I don't have my own classroom just yet.



Now that I am in my final internship, I need to make sure I am on top of my game. My internship coordinator will be keeping an eye on me and not only do I want to impress her, but really, an organized binder makes things so much easier in the long run.



When I'm not in the classroom, I struggle with time management. It blows my mind. When I'm teaching, I am on top of that clock like no one's business. At home, however, I don't know what happens to the time. I have a hard time getting things done at home and truly want to be better at it. 



I always have great aspirations to be organized (in areas I'm not already organized in). I usually do great for a couple of weeks, sometimes even a couple of months. Then there's a turning point somewhere and I give up. This year, I'd really like to STAY organized. One of my managers at my last job always said that it takes 21 days of doing something to make it a habit. That always stuck with throughout the last few years as I always found it really interesting. So I guess I just need 21 days and I'm good? Let's hope so...


That's that! Today is the last day of the New Year's linky with Blog Hoppin'. I've already started working towards my fitness goals and my crafting goals and I actually went out to dinner with my husband a few nights ago! So far so good in 2014!

Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest and check out my TpT Store!




Thanks to The Hazel Owl for the circle badges and to Kevin and Amanda for the Smiley Monster font.

No comments:

Post a Comment